Struggling sometimes to let go in ropes? Yearning to trust and surrender, but feeling raising anxiety and tension when in ropes? Insecure how to choose a rope partner and how to communicate with them? Unsure what it is that you are actually feeling? When to bear the pain and when to say stop? Missing clarity about your own wishes, needs and limits?
On this workshop we will put aside a rope for a moment and focus on the soma or “the body as perceived from within”. We will learn to feel ourselves in the moment and to contain ourexperiences without freezing or flying away. We will learn to pay attention towhat is happening in the moment. We will reconnect to our sense of safety. Wewill learn to verbalize our desires and choices and recognize when it doesn’tfeel good anymore. Using simple and fun exercises from Sexological Bodywork andContact Improvisation we will re-connect to our bodies, emotions, sensations.
Increased somatic awareness and access to thewisdom of your body will lead naturally to deepening your bottoming experiences and making it more internal, conscious and safe.
To enable the somatic learning, we need time andpractice. Therefore the workshop is designed over a course of 4 months to giveyou a regular input that you can take home and apply in your routine ropepractice. That way you will get the most out of this course.
Format: 8 evening classes x 3 hours, twice a month
Where: Studio6x6, Berlin
Contribution: 240 Euro per person
Pre-payment is necessary to reserve your place at the workshop. We will be a closed group of maximum 10 people. If you like to be a part of this group, please write me on firstname.lastname@example.org and please mention why you like to take this workshop.
Finding yourintention in ropes * Practicing Giving and Receiving consensual touch * Gettingan access to Taking & Surrendering * Following the inner “Yes” and trustingthe inner “No” * Consent & Communication * Understanding boundaries, limitsand limitations * Exploring Comfort zone and Learning zone * Understandingtrauma * Welcoming the impact: Pain * Understanding Emotions
For whom is it?
This workshop is for all people who like being in ropes and want to grow and improve their experience in one or few aspects mentioned above.
To this workshop I bring my passion andexperience as kinbaku model since 2014, my professional experience in sexologicalbodywork since 2015, some results of my research on a topic of somatic change I have been doing for years, my pure personal obsession about surrender and lastbut not least my love and compassion for humans. Putting it all together, I developed this structure for rope bottoms to deepen their experience in ropesmaking it more internal, conscious and safe and access a profound state of true surrender.
- With feeling yourself (your body) better, youget to internalize your experience in ropes, leading to more conscious andtherefore more deep and satisfying rope sessions
- Better understanding signals in your body,will give you sense of safety and confidence when being in ropes . Eventuallyyou might develop more adaptability, resilience and playfulness in ropes
- Getting more clarity about what you want anddon’t want, you get clearer in communicating it and taking a responsibility foryour side, therefore, you become the most fun and desirable person to tiewith!
- You will get confident in your consent &communication skills
- Longer endurance in ropes offers a possibilityfor more pleasure
- More confidence in reading signals inyour body might prevent you from being injured
- You mightuncover new dimensions in ropes and make your experiences more versatil
- Being able to give your rigger better feedback,you help them to learn and improve