Somatics for Rope Bottoms
Struggling sometimes to let go in ropes? Yearning to trust and surrender, but feeling raising anxiety and tension when in ropes? Insecure how to choose a rope partner and how to communicate with them? Unsure what it is that you are actually feeling? When to bear the pain and when to say stop? Missing clarity about your own wishes, needs and limits?
On this workshop we will put aside a rope for a moment and focus on the soma or “the body as perceived from within”. We will learn to feel ourselves in the moment and to contain ourexperiences without freezing or flying away. We will learn to pay attention towhat is happening in the moment. We will reconnect to our sense of safety. We will learn to verbalize our desires and choices and recognize when it doesn’t feel good anymore. Using simple and fun exercises from Sexological Bodywork and Contact Improvisation we will re-connect to our bodies, emotions, sensations.
Increased somatic awareness and access to thewisdom of your body will lead naturally to deepening your bottoming experiences and making it more internal, conscious and safe.
To enable the somatic learning, we need time andpractice. Therefore the workshop is designed over a course of 4 months to give you a regular input that you can take home and apply in your routine rope practice. That way you will get the most out of this course.
Format: 8 evening classes x 2,5 hours, twice a month Alternative option for communities outside of Berlin, this workshop can be taught in a weekend format, although this is not an ideal setting
Where: Studio6x6, Berlin / in your community
Contribution: 240 Euro per person
Pre-payment is necessary to reserve your place at the workshop. We will be a closed group of maximum 10 people. If you like to be a part of this group, please get in touch with me.
The next intake in 2020 – TBA.
Finding your intention in ropes * Practicing Giving and Receiving consensual touch * Getting an access to Taking & Surrendering * Following the inner “Yes” and trusting the inner “No” * Consent & Communication * Understanding boundaries, limits and limitations * Exploring Comfort zone and Learning zone * Understanding trauma * Welcoming the impact: Pain * Understanding Emotions * Risk Profile
For whom is it?
This workshop is for all people who like being in ropes and want to grow and improve their experience in one or few aspects mentioned above.
To this workshop I bring my passion and experience as Kinbaku model since 2012, my professional experience in sexological bodywork since 2015, some results of my research on a topic of somatic change I have been doing for years, my pure personal obsession about surrender and last but not least my love and compassion for humans. Putting it all together, I developed this structure for rope bottoms to deepen their experience in ropesmaking it more internal, conscious and safe and access a profound state of true surrender.
- With feeling yourself (your body) better, you get to internalize your experience in ropes, leading to more conscious and therefore more deep and satisfying rope sessions
- Better understanding signals in your body will give you sense of safety and confidence when being in ropes . Eventually you might develop more adaptability, resilience and playfulness in ropes
- Getting more clarity about what you want and don’t want, you get clearer in communicating it and taking a responsibility for your side, therefore, you become the most fun and desirable person to tie with!
- You will get confident in your consent & communication skills
- Longer endurance in ropes offers a possibility for more pleasure
- More confidence in reading signals inyour body might prevent you from being injured
- You might uncover new dimensions in ropes and make your experiences more versatile
- Being able to give your rigger better feedback you help them to learn and improve